WARUCENE was born in January 2020 from the pooling of people with rich backgrounds and skills around wildfires and the use of fire as a brush removing tool, in France and abroad.
Sébastien Lahaye, director
PhD on extreme fires
- Analysis of hundreds of fires,
- One year in Australia @UNSW Canberra.
European project coordinator
- Fire-In project for Safe Cluster
- Permanent contact with fire and rescue services, research and innovation
- Pau Costa Foundation employee (Spain)
Fire officer for 20 years
- Incident Operations Commander
- French burnboss for prescribed burn and tactical fire
- Initiator of Fire Analysts in France
- Prevention certificate
Romain Matile, co-founder
- Master of Biology and Ecology / Technical diploma in forest production, France
- 6-month fellowship on prescribed burning, World Forestry Center, Oregon, USA 2019
Courses and experiences
- Senior forest technician and sworn officer for the French public services in South of France for 12 years.
- Instructor in wildfire risk prevention and for the surveillance of wildfires in natural areas in NC.
- Forester in a private company and volunteer as firefighter in New-Caledonia for 5 years.
- French burnboss for prescribed burning, having practiced in France, New Caledonia and in the USA.
A company specializing in risk management since 2010, ATRISC supports WARUCENE.
Qualified and recognized experts
- 16 partners and 50 experts in France
- many of them senior firefighters
- Training and crisis management
- Emergency management consultancy
- Risk management and business continuity training